[Exim] Re: Smarthost DNS timeout

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Morten Bo Johansen
Para: Exim users list
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Smarthost DNS timeout
Andrew D <awd@???> wrote:

> > It's a standalone Debian box running exim in what I believe is
> > a pretty default configuration. I just use the ordinary
> > pon/poff scripts to connect to my ISP and I use their
> > nameservers. I don't see anything else using my bandwidth.
> a caching name server is still a good idea IMHO
> >
> > Isn't there some parameter I could use to disable the DNS
> > lookups? (if it makes any sense to do so)
> lol, no way, mail runs on DNS :)

Well, more like "continued dns lookups". I mean it does get to
the smarthost and will deliver any messages shorter than ca.
70K. Therefore I don't understand this. I have never had this
problem with any other MTA.

> just change the hostname in smarthost router to the IP for that
> host, though u may have to check every now and then to see if
> that host has changed IP.

There's got to be another way...any other checks I could make
to track down the problem? If it would help to post my
exim.conf I'll gladly do so.

Regards,

Morten

--
"Life is all memory, except for the one present moment that goes by you
 so quick you hardly catch it going."              (Tennessee Williams)