Re: [Exim] Smarthost DNS timeout

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrew D
Para: Morten Bo Johansen, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Smarthost DNS timeout
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 8:04 PM
Subject: [Exim] Smarthost DNS timeout

> I am trying to send a 160K message but exim won't deliver, the
> message in the log reads as thus:
>
> 2001-06-03 11:45:40 translation@??? R=smarthost defer (-37):

host
> lookup for smtp.worldonline.dk did not complete (DNS timeout?)
>
> This only happens with messages that are over ca. 70K in size.
> With shorter messages there are no delivery problems.

That doesn't sound right. message size should not make a diff in DNS
lookups.
My guess there is some sort of network issues involved here ie lots of data
on ur external bandwidth if you know what I mean :)
are u using ur own name server or the ISP's that u are connected to?
if the ISP's, setup a caching name server on the local network and point the
box running exim to it (if you don't already have one)
that should in theory solve the problem.

HTH
cya
Andrew

--
If only God would give me some clear sign!
Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.