Re: [Exim] seting up a mail hub

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Steve Haslam
Para: Lawrence Walton
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] seting up a mail hub
On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 01:44:50PM -0700, Lawrence Walton wrote:
> The two hosts involved are mail and outbox. Outbox is
> to recive all mail from the outside and be in the MX recourd as the
> primary mail server, it will then relay all mail to the host "mail". The
> examples on www.exim.org and in the FAQ It fails with message
>
> 2001-06-01 13:44:01 155vm5-0004Zo-00 ** jack.carlson@???: unknown local-part "jack.carlson" in domain "otak.com"
>
> I have
> local_domains = localhost:outbox:otak.com
> configured

Set "local_domains" to be an empty list. Why? Because you are not making any
"local" deliveries on outbox- every message received there is going to be
sent somewhere else (either to mail orto its Internet destination).
"local_domains" divides all messages into two classes: ones that are passed
to directors for delivery to a local mailbox (usually) or ones that go to
the routers for sending somewhere else.

> and
> hubbed_hosts:
> driver = domainlist
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = *otak.com mail.otak.com byname

*otak.com? I think you mean *.otak.com or otak.com or rules for both.

HTH

SRH
--
+              Steve Haslam              |       W: +44-20-7447-1839       +
+      Engineering Grunt, Excite UK      |       M: +44-7775-645618        +