Re: [Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Niccolo Rigacci
Para: Andrew D
CC: Niccolo Rigacci, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Andrew D wrote:

> > I have some problem letting Exim (3.12) to authenticate itself as a client
> > to a smarthost.
> Exim can't do this, its a MTA not a MUA and as such doesn't expect to do
> SMTP-AUTH as a client. This was covered not so long ago on the mailing
> list. check out the archives.

May be I misunderstand everything...

I have a local network which uses the Exim box as the SMTP server, then
Exim relay every message to the ISP smarthost. The smarthost require AUTH
LOGIN. In this case Exim is acting as an SMTP client and I think it can do
that, from the Exim manual:

34.2 Using plaintext in a client

The plaintext authenticator has just one client option:

client_send

    Type:    string
    Default: unset

    The string is a colon-separated list of authentication data strings.
    Each string is independently expanded before being sent to the server.
    The first string is sent with the AUTH command; any more strings are sent

Niccolo Rigacci
Responsabile tenico A.P. Software Informatica
http://www.apsoftware.it - http://www.apinforma.com
Firenze - Tel. 055244444