Re: [Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost

Góra strony
Autor: Andrew D
Dla: Niccolo Rigacci, exim-users
Nowe tematy: [Exim] Contact (REAL) for "Andrew D" <awd@dux.au.com>
Temat: Re: [Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 6:38 PM
Subject: [Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost

> I have some problem letting Exim (3.12) to authenticate itself as a client
> to a smarthost.

Exim can't do this, its a MTA not a MUA and as such doesn't expect to do
SMTP-AUTH as a client. This was covered not so long ago on the mailing
list. check out the archives.

> Because the smarthost is managed by Telecomitalia (pachydermic,
> monopolistic Italian telco), I think that is impossible to ask them to
> change Lotus Domino with something else.

not knowing anything about domino, I got no idea, but u have 3 choices
either keep asking them, or get a different ISP, or just send email direct
from exim without using a smart host (if thats possible).

cya
Andrew

--
A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite.
Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone.