[Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Niccolo Rigacci
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost
Hello,

I have some problem letting Exim (3.12) to authenticate itself as a client
to a smarthost.

This is what the smarthost announce:

  220 ptsv123.portal ESMTP Service (Lotus Domino Release 5.0.6a)
      ready at Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:56:14 +0200
  EHLO maestrale
  250-ptsv123.portal Hello maestrale ([195.110.109.4]), pleased to
      meet you
  250-HELP
  250-AUTH=LOGIN
  250 SIZE 20480000

Despite the Exim configuration below, no authentication is attempted by
Exim.

  remote_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    authenticate_hosts = *

  auth_login_client:
     driver = plaintext
     public_name = LOGIN
     client_send = ": username : secret"

I found an old posting reporting the problem being about "AUTH=LOGIN"
(not RFC compliant) versus "AUTH LOGIN" (RFC compliant, expected by Exim).

Because the smarthost is managed by Telecomitalia (pachydermic,
monopolistic Italian telco), I think that is impossible to ask them to
change Lotus Domino with something else.

Is there a way to force Exim to do AUTH LOGIN in any case?

Or may be I missed something and the fault is on my side?

Thanks very much.

Niccolo Rigacci
Responsabile tenico A.P. Software Informatica
http://www.apsoftware.it - http://www.apinforma.com
Firenze - Tel. 055244444