Re: [Exim] exim listening on 2 smtp ports

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andreas Heinlein
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim listening on 2 smtp ports
Oliver Cook wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 04:56:51PM -0400, Porkchop wrote:
> > Coulden't find anything about this in the FAQ or archives, so...
> >
> > How might it be possible to make exim listen on two ports (say, 25
> > and 25000) for SMTP?
> > -M
>
> You can't have one process (AFAIK) listening on two
> ports, but you can have two processes each listening
> on one port. I'm not clear as to whether that's what
> you're after. In any case:
>
> /path/to/exim -bd -oX 25
> /path/to/exim -bd -oX 25000

One process listening on two ports is technically possible (inetd does
this), but exim can't do it. What you are suggesting may cause problems,
I think. With two exims with the same configuration running, they might
probably run into one another during queue runs or deliveries. I'd be at
least careful with this and test it before running in production.

Another solution would be to use firewalling code (depends on your
platform) to redirect traffic from port 25000 to port 25. Exim wouldn't
be able to distinguish the two different ways of connection, though, so
it wouldn't make much sense. What exactly do you need this for?

Bye,
Andreas