[Exim] Re: Building a static eximon.bin (solved)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: exim-users
Tópicos Antigos: [Exim] Building a static eximon.bin
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Building a static eximon.bin (solved)

On Tue, 22 May 2001 11:01:05 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Has anyone had any joy trying to build a static eximon.bin? I really
> don't want X11 libraries on my mail server just for eximon.bin, and I'd
> really like to build a static binary on another non-production box and
> then just copy the thing across.

The solution was to comment out EXIMON_TEXTPOP=em_TextPop.o from the
Makefile. The em_TextPop.c source provides duplicate definitions of
a few subroutines that are supplied by libXaw and eximon.bin builds and
appears to work fine without it.

This is documented in the Makefile, but it's a mystery to me why
em_TextPop.c's duplicate definitions are necessary at all. Seems silly
when eximon.bin _has_ to link against libXaw.

Ciao,
Sheldon.