Re: [Exim] SMTP errors

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Ed.Murray
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP errors

On Thu, 24 May 2001 10:32:02 -0400, "Ed Murray" wrote:

> I had this customer fax me the error message he received from
> his mailer and it looks like this:
>
> Sat, 19 May 2001 00:00:26 -0600 (MDT)
> Zero length SMTP status line

What would really help is if you could get an actual SMTP session
transcript from this problematic site. I assume that the operator of
that site would have no problem if he or she connected to your MTA and
conducted a session manually, so unless his or her MTA is clever enough
to dump a session transcript, a packet sniffer might be the only way to
get one.

> Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix this
> in Exim?

I'd suggest that the operator on the remote end contact the vendor for
his or her MTA and find out exactly what "Zero length SMTP status line"
means.

Ciao,
Sheldon.