Re: [Exim] SMTP timeout while connected to <host>

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Daniel Einspanjer
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP timeout while connected to <host>
I've run into similar identd timeout problems. Even if you don't want to allow idents to go through for security reasons, you should reject the connection instead of blackholing it (like many firewalls do). This will (hopefully) allow their server to get on with the SMTP conversation instead of just waiting for a response.

Of course, this is all my opinion, and I'm just an amateur network admin. If anyone with better credentials wishes to disagree, I'll look forward to reading the flame err.. I mean response. ;)

Daniel