Re: [Exim] smtp authorisation

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Hans Ginzel
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] smtp authorisation
    Hello,

thank you for answer.

> IANAE, but I think you are going about this in the wrong way. You want exim
> to pass all mail through another smtp server, correct?

Yes, I want mails from my local linux machine to be relaied to MS
Exchange server.

> In this case, use the "route_append:" router from the default exim.conf like
> so:

    In my /etc/exim.conf I have generated from the instalation script
this one and only router configured:

# Send all mail to a smarthost

smarthost:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
# route_list = "* smtp.quick.cz:smtp.volny.cz:tyto.vslib.cz bydns_a"
# route_list = "* smtp.quick.cz:smtp.volny.cz bydns_a"
route_list = "* protector:smtp.quick.cz:smtp.volny.cz bydns_a"

end

> You then need to setup the remote server to allow relaying from your IP.

     I have no access/permission to the exchange server. I can not
modify anything there.

> When your server connects to the MS exchange server, it will authenticate
> with standard smtp commands (HELO/EHLO) and relay the message.

     Probably this need to be changed. Autorising with a specific name
and password.
For example in Netscape I set the smtp host (the exchange server) and
outgoing mail server user name, he asks me for a password by sending a
mail and delivering is OK.

    Best regards

                            Hans Ginzel