[Exim] 554 Transaction Failed and Hotmail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dicky Underwater
Para: exim-users
Temas novos: [Exim] /var/mail/b/a/bar mailbox with exim
Asunto: [Exim] 554 Transaction Failed and Hotmail
Hi All,

We run a small mail server running exim 3.22. I have noticed in the logs
that a number of hotmail addressed e-mails are failing with the error 554
Transaction Failed.

The only way I can re-create this error is by telneting onto one of their
mail servers and letting the connection time out after 30 secs.

Although I have seen previous discussions in this mailing list, I was just
wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem I am getting with
hotmail. If their is another reason why 554 Transaction Failed would appear
in the logs. Why Microsoft would time-out the connection with a 500 error.
If their is any way of getting my mail server to re-try even though it is a
500 error and Microsoft fault.

Regards

Dicky