Re: [Exim] Information available to be logged when a deliver…

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: daniel-ml-reply
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Information available to be logged when a delivery is aborted due to RBL?
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 03:07:15PM -0400,
Daniel Einspanjer <daniel-ml@???> is thought to have said:

> I recently enabled recipient rejection for all hosts listed in the RBL, and in looking at the documentation, it appears that I cannot log *any* information other than the IP address if I am in reject mode instead of warn mode.
>
> This seems a little odd to me since I know we had to have received the MAIL from: command as well as the RCPT to: command before the rejection occurred, so I thought I would ask the list:
>
> Is there no (easy?) way to log this information if you are in reject mode?
> -- Daniel Einspanjer, daniel-ml@??? on 05/21/2001

Set log_refused_recipients in your config file. Then you'll have two types
of log entries. One that looks like:

2001-05-21 00:43:07 recipients refused from ns.bigfilm.co.kr
[210.103.145.65] (RBL relays.mail-abuse.org)

and one for each recpient that looks like:

2001-05-21 00:43:08 recipient <user@???> refused from ns.bigfilm.co.kr
[210.103.145.65] sender=<a_gingras@???> (RBL)

Depending on how busy your mail server is, the entries may not be adjacent
in your log file.

Tabor
Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality