Re: [Exim] local <-> virtual domains?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Daniel de los Reyes
Para: Steven Hanley
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] local <-> virtual domains?
El Sat, May 19, 2001 at 12:36:43PM +1000, Steven Hanley dijo:
-| On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 10:21:49PM +0200, Daniel de los Reyes wrote:
-| > Could somebody explain me the difference between a local and a virtual
-| > domain?
-|
-| a local domain is a domain that a given mail server is authorative for
-| (generally the one with the lowest numbered mx for some domain), it says this
-| system handles mail for this domain, so the directors and routers dont send it
-| off elsewhere.
-|
-| virtual domains are just this made up idea of having multiple domains hosted
-| on one machie, however you are saying that a given host is authorative for the
-| virtual domains it servers, thus you have to tell the mail system that this
-| ois one of your local domains.
-|

Maybe I'm confused about this but, If the mail server is in fact
authorative for several different domains, do they need to be set
virtual at all? Wouldn't it just be a question of setting them all local
and having a different alias file for each one?

-|         See You
-|             Steve
-|
-| --