Re: [Exim] What's wrong with this? Why is Exim apparently b…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Cc: postmaster, postmaster
Asunto: Re: [Exim] What's wrong with this? Why is Exim apparently bouncing to the reply address!?!?!?!?
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 09:20:40PM -0400,
Greg A. Woods <woods@???> is thought to have said:

> Why did I get this bounce directly? Why did it not go to the SMTP
> envelope sender address? Is it a bug in Exim?
>
> Although Exim doesn't show the sender address in the Received header it
> generates (at least the one at asterix.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de doesn't seem
> to do so), I expect the SMTP envelope sender address was in fact the
> same as it was for the copy of the message as I received it directly
> from the list:
>
>     <bugtraq-return-113-woods-bugtraq=planix.com@???>

> (Note that BUGTRAQ recently switched from LISTERV to EZMLM, which though
> very good for some reasons seems to have triggered lots of mis-behaviour
> like this in various mailers.)
>
> - ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

>     by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-5.7.4)
>     for queue@localhost (single-drop); Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:06 +0200 (CEST)

I'm not sure it's exim doing this. I think it may be this site's use of
fetchmail resubmitting it via SMTP to the local machine possibly rewriting
headers inappropriately. Then that message bounced due to the procmail
delivery error after it had already been rewritten.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality