Re: [Exim] Exim and several mail domains

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steven Hanley
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Daniel de los Reyes
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim and several mail domains
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 08:43:47AM +0200, Daniel de los Reyes wrote:

> I have a machine running exim that has to serve several mail domains. I
> understand I should set them up as local domains, but then (correct me
> if I'm wrong) if I have domainA and domainB all local users would have
> email addresses for both domains.
> The thing is I don't really understand what I should do to tell exim
> whih users belong to which domain.
> Is it just a cuestion of playing with mail_aliases or is there anything
> else to be set up in exim.conf
> (And yes, I've read the docs about exim's virtual hosting but I don't
> quite get it)

oh well, if you really are having that much trouble,

straight from the FAQ and docs I got the following configuration

local_domains = localhost:chiru:lsearch;/etc/mail-virtual-domains

that file lists the virtual domains this server serves

then in the directors section of the configuration after real_local (I put it
before system aliases and other stuff also, but this is something you may want
to think about, persaonally I think it works best as then you do truly get all
the aliases and such as local if need be (like webmaster@ root@ for each
domain)

virtual:
driver = aliasfile
pipe_transport = address_pipe
domains = /etc/mail-virtual-domains
no_more
file = /etc/mail-virtual/$domain
search_type = lsearch*

then the files in the directory are the domain names like
foo.com

which simply contain aliases such as

sjh: sjh@localhost
fish: joe@???