[Exim] Re: Exim and several mail domains

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrew D
Para: Daniel de los Reyes
CC: Exim users list
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Exim and several mail domains
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 3:26 PM
Subject: Exim and several mail domains

> I have a machine running exim that has to serve several mail domains. I
> understand I should set them up as local domains, but then (correct me
> if I'm wrong) if I have domainA and domainB all local users would have
> email addresses for both domains.

basically correct.
> The thing is I don't really understand what I should do to tell exim
> whih users belong to which domain.
> Is it just a cuestion of playing with mail_aliases or is there anything
> else to be set up in exim.conf
> (And yes, I've read the docs about exim's virtual hosting but I don't
> quite get it)

Which part don't you get?
There are multiple ways of serving virtual mail domains.
It depends on how you want users to retreive their mail from the server, ie
which pop3/imapd server u use.

The easiest way is to setup per domain alias files that ponts to a local
user. All pop3/imap servers should support this.

I would suggest that u play with another server (not the production) and
test different ways to do it til you come up with a solution that suits your
needs, then move it to the production server.

HTH
cya
Andrew