Re: [Exim] FW: Feature Request - security

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: lsu
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Karl Schmidt
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] FW: Feature Request - security
Karl - in your case UUCP over TCP is a good choice.

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Karl Schmidt wrote:

karl >
karl >------------------------------------------------
karl >Karl Schmidt (ks150)     EMail Karl@???
karl >Transtronics, Inc.       WEB http://xtronics.com
karl >3209 West 9th Street     Ph(785) 841-3089
karl >Lawrence, KS 66049       FAX(785) 841-0434
karl >
karl >
karl >Presently, I use fetchmail to get the mail off the DMZ (Demilitarized zone -
karl >where the fire-wall allows some open ports) mail server and move the mail
karl >into the private-network mail server. The reason for this is that all
karl >transactions should be imitated by the private server in the quest for good
karl >security.
karl >This works, but fetch mail seems to need more attention than it should. It
karl >also dumps the mail in batches, going against the grain of the way Exim
karl >works.
karl >It seems to me that you could set up a relay that is initiated by the
karl >private side using ssh - you could have better security and a more reliable
karl >system. As I imagine it - the private side would open a ssh session that the
karl >DMZ side would use to relay mail. This connection would be required to close
karl >and open on a regular basis.
karl >
karl >
karl >