Re: [Exim] RFC 2821 and "headers_sender_verify"/"headers_che…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: Exim Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] RFC 2821 and "headers_sender_verify"/"headers_checks_
Quoth Nigel Metheringham on Wed, May 16, 2001:
> mallet@??? said:
> > Which is not an argument against using home-cooked headers (X-Loop in
> > several procmail based autoacks, X-Been-There in Mailman, etc). And
> > in such cases, all you have to do is to suppress bounces on your side
> > when you see the header.
>
> I see a lot of autoreplies with *no* trace of the original message in
> them, let alone unscathed headers.

Indeed, that was exactly the assumption behind my point. Most
autoreply mechanism *reply* to the message (possibly, but not
necessarily, copying some headers and parts of body into the
reply message), and not forward (bounce) the message back
(possibly with some headers added).

And this is a normal behavior, IMO. Consider vacation
mechanisms, which should not send back anything from the original
message except possibly date and subject.

Vadik.

--
Time sharing: The use of many people by the computer.