Re: [Exim] Spool directory

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Evan James Dembskey
Cc: Exim-Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Spool directory
First thing. Maybe you should go and get a book on Unix system
administration first. There are plenty of good resources at
http://wks.uts.ohio-state.edu/unix_course/unix.html
http://www.ucs.ed.ac.uk/~unixhelp/servers.html
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/faq/
http://www.camelcity.com/~noel/usenet/cuuf-FAQ.htm
http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/software/operating_systems/unix/

Those should take you a few days to go throught them and you should have a
good understanding of Unix at the end of it.

Trust me, it is worth your while.

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 10:51:23AM +0200, Evan James Dembskey quothed:
> According to spec.txt exim sets up its own spool directory. Yet, when I run
> the exim binary, I get "spool_directory undefined: cannot proceed".

You have to either set it in the Makefile when you compile Exim or use
the option "spool_directory". Of course that directory needs to exist
and have the proper permissions.

> Also, I cannot run the binary by using "exim", I have to use "./exim". Is
> this correct.

This is indeed correct, since your current directory is not in your
path. Your path is a list of directories that your shell look into for
executables -- "echo $PATH" should tell you what that list is. It is
impreative NOT to have "." (the current dir) in your path as this is a
security risk unless you know what you are doing.

The best way is to add the directory where the exim binaries are to your
path. How to do this is left for you to figure out, but the man page for
your shell will tell you.

> The test "./exim -bt" fails to run too.

How so? Try adding a -v of -d [1-9] to that command and you will see
more information being printed out.

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.