Re: [Exim] helo_verify question

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Temat: Re: [Exim] helo_verify question
On Mon, 14 May 2001, Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> The host list in "helo_verify". Is that checked against the name given in
> the HELO or against a lookup of the address and then checked against the
> HELO?

It is checked against the calling host (by IP address if you give IP
addresses; by forward lookup if you give complete names; by reverse
lookup to get the name if you give wildcards - exactly as for any host
list). In order words, it does NOT check against the name given in the
HELO.

> What I am looking for is some way of blocking, from any incoming IP, where
> the received looks like (helo=bay9.com). I don't care what the IP is it
> comes from or whatever, as long as it identifies itself as bay9.com then I
> want to refuse or block or throw away or whatever.

This will be trivial in Exim 4. Another confirmation that the re-design
into ACLs that I am doing is the Right Thing.

I don't think you can achieve this in Exim 3, other than by sticking
something like this in a system filter:

if $helo_name contains bay9.com then seen finish endif