Re: [Exim] RFC 2821 and "headers_sender_verify"/"headers_che…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] RFC 2821 and "headers_sender_verify"/"headers_checks_fail"
Dave C. [exim-users] <14/05/01 12:17 -0400>:

> However, there is no valid reason for a sender to supply a non-existent
> domain in the From: header, and in fact, the most common reason (other
> than just complete ignorance on the part of someone associated with the
> sending system) is becuase the message is a spam. So, blocking messages
> that dont have a valid address in the From header is a good thing.

There _is_ one other reason. When you send out autoresponders on a large
scale (say an ISP's abuse ticketing system) and want to stop people from
replying to the autoresponder (hitting reply-all instead of reply does this)

Valid envelope from, and something like autoresponder@dont-reply in the
from.

At least one ISP I know does that. OK, it's not very elegant, but it works.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org