[Exim] helo_verify question

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users@exim.org
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] helo_verify question
Hi

The host list in "helo_verify". Is that checked against the name given in
the HELO or against a lookup of the address and then checked against the
HELO?

What I am looking for is some way of blocking, from any incoming IP, where
the received looks like (helo=bay9.com). I don't care what the IP is it
comes from or whatever, as long as it identifies itself as bay9.com then I
want to refuse or block or throw away or whatever.
Thanks
Chad

helo_verify
Type: host list
Default: unset

The RFCs mandate that a server must not reject a message because it doesn't
like the HELO or EHLO command. However, some sites like to be stricter. If
helo_verify is set, Exim checks each incoming call from any host that
matches it, and accepts the call only if:

A HELO or EHLO command is received;
and

The host name given in that command either:
is an IP literal matching the calling address of the host (the RFCs
specifically allow this), or
matches the host name that Exim obtains by doing a reverse lookup of the
calling host address, or
when looked up using gethostbyname() yields the calling host address.
If no HELO or EHLO is given, MAIL commands are rejected; if a bad HELO or
EHLO is given, it is rejected with a 550 error. Rejections are logged in
the main and reject logs.

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@???            chad@???