RE: [Exim] RFC 2821 and "headers_sender_verify"/"headers_che…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: [Exim] RFC 2821 and "headers_sender_verify"/"headers_checks_fail"
Asunto: RE: [Exim] RFC 2821 and "headers_sender_verify"/"headers_checks_
On 14-May-01 at 11:23:12 Frank Elsner wrote:
> He told me that RFC 2821 states:
>
>    When RFC 822 format [7, 32] is being used, the mail data include the
>    memo header items such as Date, Subject, To, Cc, From.  Server SMTP
>    systems SHOULD NOT reject messages based on perceived defects in the
>    RFC 822 or MIME [12] message header or message body.  In particular,
>    they MUST NOT reject messages in which the numbers of Resent-fields
>    do not match or Resent-to appears without Resent-from and/or Resent-
>    date.

> Is my setting "illegal" ?

I would not have said 'illegal' simply because the RFC says 'SHOULD NOT' as
opposed to 'MUST NOT' for the From: header. Although it specifies 'MUST NOT'
for Resent headers. Secondly, I would rather reject a message which has an
invalid (suspicious) From: header; why is an invalid (unresolvable)
From: address being used?

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???