[Exim] Re: exim/majordomo permission denied problem

Autor: Marc Mims
A: exim-users, majordomo-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: exim/majordomo permission denied problem
* Mark Jones <msibleyj@???>:
> Try mail majordom

Do you mean try sending mail to majordom? If so, that fails just
like sending mail to anyone else.

Or do you mean change owner.group to mail.majordom, which is very
nearly what I've done, and it seems to have solved the problem.

Actually, I changed the owner.group to majordom.mail. Exim runs
as mail.mail.

It would appear that even though an alias director is configured
to run as user majordom, group majordom, with initgroups
specified, it needs to be able to read the alias file as
mail.mail. Making mail a member of group majordom does not help.

Unless I'm putting initgroups = true in the wrong place??

So... unless there is a *problem* with assigning mail (Exim) and
majordom the same primary group (mail, in my case), then I guess
I've found an answer.

    -Marc