[Exim] exim/majordomo permission denied problem

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Marc Mims
To: exim-users, majordomo-users
題目: [Exim] exim/majordomo permission denied problem
I am experiencing a problem that I have seen discussed in the
Exim and Majordomo list archives, but I was unable to find an
solution posted there. In fact, there is an entry in the
Majordomo FAQ for this issue, but as you'll see below, I've
followed the advice in the FAQ (I believe...), no no avail.

After installing Majordomo and providing some initial setup, I am
unable to send *any* mail. Any attempt to do so results in a
permission denied error as the following example shows:

  $ echo 'test' | mail root
  2001-05-10 10:03:29 14xtqb-0000jT-00 majordomo_aliases director:
    failed to open /usr/local/majordomo/lists/lists.aliases
    for linear search: Permission denied (euid=8 egid=8)

User `mail' has uid 8; group `mail' has gid 8.

FWIW, `mail' is a member of group `majordom'; `majordom' is a
member of group `mail'.

Mail does have read access to the file, as demonstrated by the
following:

  # su mail
  $ cd /tmp; cat /usr/local/majordomo/lists/lists.aliases
  majordom:       majordomo
  majordomo:      "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"

owner-majordomo: postmaster
majordomo-owner: postmaster

File permissions on the file and each superior directory follow:

  # ls -l /usr/local/majordomo/lists/lists.aliases
  -rw-rw----    1 majordom majordom      600 May  9 15:42

# ls -ld /usr/local/majordomo/lists \
> /usr/local/majordomo /usr/local /usr

  drwxr-xr-x   14 root     root         4096 May  3 07:44 /usr
  drwxr-xr-x   14 root     staff        4096 May  8 19:27 /usr/local
  drwxrwxr-x    5 majordom majordom     4096 May  9 11:18 /usr/local/majordomo
  drwxrwxr-x    2 majordom majordom     4096 May  9 15:42 /usr/local/majordomo/lists

And, finally, here are the additions I made to the exim.conf
file:

trusted_users = mail:majordom

  majordomo_aliases:
    driver = aliasfile
    file = /usr/local/majordomo/lists/lists.aliases
    user = majordom
    group = majordom
    search_type = lsearch

I could sure use a solution to this problem. :-) Thanks in
advance.

    -Marc