[Exim] local errors_to?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nicholas Blackaby
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] local errors_to?
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible (and if so how) to specify that an
"errors_to" directive is only local to the director in which it is set. In
otherwords, I want to change the return_path for messages
generated by a director but once that director is left, I want the
original return_path of the message to be restored.

To focus on an example, I am setting up a vacation-style function
for a mail-server on which there are no local users. I have based the
relevant parts of my exim configuration file on the sample
configuration C019. This sample file describes a director called
"vacation" which includes the lines: "unseen" and "errors_to =
POSTMASTER". The approach described in C019 for providing a
vacation-style function appears to work very well but I find that the
return_path is still set to POSTMASTER (rather than the original
envelope-from address) for subsequent directors (in particular, the
one that delivers the message to the users IMAP mailbox). As a
result, delivery failure (or warning) messages for these subsequent
directors would end up being sent to an inappropriate return_path
(namely POSTMASTER, rather than the original sender).

Thanks,
Nick.
--
Nicholas Blackaby, ISD, UMIST.