Re: [Exim] Installation woes...

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Evan James Dembskey
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Installation woes...
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 11:04:35AM +0200, Evan James Dembskey quothed:
> I am still trying to install 3.22. I have followed the documentation off
> exim.org, and followed the advice given me on this forum.
>
> I have run make successfully. After running make nothing significant seems
> to have happened. I can't find any exim binary.

Have you read the README file? It has instructions to build Exim which
work on all systems.

> I ran a make install, and nothig significant seemed to happen. The make was
> successful, but I have no idea how to proceed after this.

Did it compile? What did it say? Where did it stop?

We're not telepaths you know... well, at least we'd like you to believe
otherwise so please send us more info.

> How do I actually get Exim running and configured after I run make?

$ cd exim-3.22
$ less README
[...]
$ cp src/EDITME Local/Makefile