[Exim] Pipe transport

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Henders
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Pipe transport
This is exim 3.20

I've run across a problem with the pipe transport where I had set a
relatively long argument string and got an error message for it. the
following was what showed in debug -9

direct command after expansion:
argv[0] = /export/home/andy/email2fax/email2fax
argv[1] = -t
argv[2] = -c
argv[3] = /export/home/andy/email2fax/email2fax.conf
argv[4] = -n
argv[5] = 16048726601
argv[6] = -u
argv[7] = martin@???
argv[8] = -b
argv[9] = rome.yp.tgx
set_process_info: 6469 **** string overflowed buffer ****

I searched through the pipe transport in spec.txt and couldn't find any
information on a size restriction on the command line argument space for
exim's internal execution. None of these indivually looks very big and
in total they are around 139 bytes. It seems the error comes from
dummy.c but there the char buffer is defined as 1024, so I'm even more
confused by that.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.