Re: [Exim] external mail is not delivered anymore

Autor: Jeff Green
A: FEL-X
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] external mail is not delivered anymore

(Adrian Phillips wrote:)
>Check that /etc/cron.d/exim hasn't disappeared; I'm running exim 3.12
>on one box and that is its location, but it may have changed during
>3.12 and 3.22 (under Debian; this is a distibution specific
>situation).

You might also check that the cron.d entries for exim are listing the proper location for
exim.conf, which has changed under Debian to /etc/exim rather than simply /etc. The cron entry
tests for the location of the configuration file, and if it isn't found the queue runner isn't triggered.

08,38 *     * * *     mail   if [ -x /usr/sbin/exim -a -f /etc/exim/exim.conf ]; then /usr/sbin/exim -q >/dev/null 2>&1; fi

I had the same error here after the upgrade to 3.22. I submitted this as a bug to the package maintainer, but haven't followed up.

Regards,

Jeff
--------

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com        Networking Las Vegas Since 1986