[Exim] route_list question

Autor: Patrick von der Hagen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] route_list question
Hi all,

just a short question:
if I set up "route_list = *.domain.de gate1.domain.de:gate2.domain.d
byname" (taken from Exim Specification 28.5) will exim alternate
between gate1 and gate2, or will exim always try gate1 first?

gate1 and gate2 are identical servers providing the same services.
First concern is reliability, load-distribution would be a nice bonus.
I thougt about setting up a dns-round-robin, but I am not sure that
would help, since AFAIK exim uses internal caches so I would expect it
to cache the dns-lookup. But if the dns-lookup is cached, this won't
help in load-distribution.

Thanks in advance.

--
CU,