Re: [Exim] .forward question --clarification

Autor: Richard Reynolds
A: Richard Reynolds
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [Exim] .forward question
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] .forward question --clarification

Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 15:33:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Reynolds <Richard.Reynolds@???>
To: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
Cc: Richard Reynolds <Richard.Reynolds@???>, exim-users@???
Subject: Re: [Exim] .forward question

ok well thats closer to what im looking for, i dont want the current system
time, as i use exim as my only filtering progie(i know there are better, but i
dont have the time), and often re-feed old stuff to re-sort it. so i can extract
the date using substr but the date formats are not even the same from email to
email, i tried it after getting this, is there a way to send that extracted line
thru say perl code to modify it and use it to make my destination folder? if so

-- I can do the perl code, but im not sure how to get to the perl code my date
from the header, and how to get the newly modified line back to the filter, Ive
read that perl can be included into the filter, but i dont see how that helps me
here, as it seems to only be for the comparison

either how? or where do i start looking for info, ill be looking starting now,
incase its obvious

thanks for the replies
Richard Reynolds

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:06:27 +0100 (BST)
> From: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
> To: Richard Reynolds <Richard.Reynolds@???>
> Cc: exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [Exim] .forward question
>
> On Fri, 4 May 2001, Richard Reynolds wrote:
>
> > Ive been looking and have not found a place for this yet. so im asking
> > is there a way to put into the .forward file a destination folder based on the
> > date the email was sent so i can have a folder like this, i would not want it to
> > be recieved, unless there is no way around that.
>
> In a filter file, you can use the expansion features such as substr to
> extract the date from the Date: header.
>
> >            \weekof 4-30-01

> However, the value won't be in that format. If you want to base it on
> the current time, you can get that out of several Exim variables, for
> example, $tod_log. Use a command something like
>
> save /some/file/${substr_x_y:$tod_log}
>
> where x and y are the offset and length for extracting the part of the
> date you want. Use "exim -be" to test your expansion.
>
> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

> --

                                   ,'' '',
     Richard Reynolds              ( 0 0 )                La Mesa , Ca

                       E-Mail: Richard.Reynolds@???
                          IRC: Dalnet #!rsr, rsman
   If you are not an intended reciepient of this message, please accept my
  appologies, If you recieve more than 1 message that you feel you were not
           intended to recieve Please feel free to E-Mail me at
                          Richard.Reynolds@???
So that I can be certain you do not recieve further E-Mails from this address.

                                   ,'' '',