Re: [Exim] .forward question

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Richard Reynolds
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Philip Hazel
Υ/ο: Richard Reynolds, exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: Re: [Exim] .forward question --clarification
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] .forward question
ok well thats closer to what im looking for, i dont want the current system
time, as i use exim as my only filtering progie(i know there are better, but i
dont have the time), and often re-feed old stuff to re-sort it. so i can extract
the date using substr but the date formats are not even the same from email to
email, i tried it after getting this, is there a way to send that extracted line
thru say perl code to modify it and use it to make my destination folder? if so
either how? or where do i start looking for info, ill be looking starting now,
incase its obvious

thanks for the replies
Richard Reynolds

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:06:27 +0100 (BST)
> From: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
> To: Richard Reynolds <Richard.Reynolds@???>
> Cc: exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [Exim] .forward question
>
> On Fri, 4 May 2001, Richard Reynolds wrote:
>
> > Ive been looking and have not found a place for this yet. so im asking
> > is there a way to put into the .forward file a destination folder based on the
> > date the email was sent so i can have a folder like this, i would not want it to
> > be recieved, unless there is no way around that.
>
> In a filter file, you can use the expansion features such as substr to
> extract the date from the Date: header.
>
> >            \weekof 4-30-01

> However, the value won't be in that format. If you want to base it on
> the current time, you can get that out of several Exim variables, for
> example, $tod_log. Use a command something like
>
> save /some/file/${substr_x_y:$tod_log}
>
> where x and y are the offset and length for extracting the part of the
> date you want. Use "exim -be" to test your expansion.
>
> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

> --

                                   ,'' '',
     Richard Reynolds              ( 0 0 )                La Mesa , Ca

                       E-Mail: Richard.Reynolds@???
                          IRC: Dalnet #!rsr, rsman
   If you are not an intended reciepient of this message, please accept my
  appologies, If you recieve more than 1 message that you feel you were not
           intended to recieve Please feel free to E-Mail me at
                          Richard.Reynolds@???
So that I can be certain you do not recieve further E-Mails from this address.