Re: [Exim] sender_reject question

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrew D
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] sender_reject question
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Exim] sender_reject question

> > > so you can't do rejects at SMTP time.
> > > Though we can only hope that exim 4 will provide us that type of

facility
> > > :))
> > > <nudge><nudge>philip :)
> >
> > OK, OK, OK, I get the message... :-)
> >
> > It will be possible, at least to a limited extent. But only, of course,
> > at the end of the SMTP transaction.
>
> I would like to see the ability to give a straight 550 in response to a

MAIL
> command, particularly if the address is for a non-existent local user.

The manual
> says "because remote postmasters always want to see the message

headers..." but I
> would have thought that, since the message is originating at their site

the onus
> should be on them to work out why they tried to send the message from a

bad sender
> address.
>
> The manual goes on to say "there are a number of mailers in use that treat

any SMTP
> respose given after the data has been sent as a temporary failure". This

problem
> would not arise if we just hit them with a 550 after the MAIL command - if

they try
> to persist after that they will get the RCPT commands failing (503 No

sender yet
> given).

The problem is that exim has to go past that point to scan the headers or
body or what have you, for this type of filtering.
cya
Andrew

--
Linux is like living in a tipi: No windows, no gates, Apache inside