Re: [Exim] Broken Pipe Error

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrew D
Para: Gareth Otte
CC: Exim users list
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Broken Pipe Error
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 5:08 PM
Subject: [Exim] Broken Pipe Error

> I am receiving an error message which I don't understand. If I issue the
> command tail -f /var/log/messages I get this message:
>
> user cathyl authenticated
> maildrop: can't write to socket
> maildrop: write: Broken pipe
>
> What could cause this message and how can I fix it?

This ain't a exim prob by the looks but something that uses the maildrop
package.
Seeing that user cathyl authenticated makes me think that the user logged in
localy or via telnet ssh or whatever and used mail or something. maildrop
does MIME conversions from memory.
but thats only via the very limited info u've given me.

its like ringing up a car mechanic and saying my car won't start, whats
wrong?

cya
Andrew

--
I believe that everyone is entitled to my opinion.