[Exim] confused errors

Autor: Michael Thies
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] confused errors
<-- Warning: charset 'unknown-8bit' is not supported -->

Hi,

we are using 2 configured exim3.22 on a linuxbox.

each config hat its local_interface set.

the 1st exim should be backup-MX for our company (named mx.domain.a)
the 2nd should act for a customer as smtp-authed outgoing-smtp-server
(named smtp.domain.b).

And now we have a little problem:

our customer eg. user@??? sends a mail to another user (user2@???),
the exim uses the backup-mx for domain.b for delivery.

While the 1st exim uses the primary-mx for domain.b.

Configuring a router in the 2nd exim, to route all mails destinating @domain.b, to the server mail.domain.b
(just a /"?%&$ Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.1600).
I get following error:
2001-05-03 14:35:59 14vIKt-0000Iy-00 ** postmaster@??? R=domainb_router T=remote_smtp: retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period

I now don't have any ideas.

Hopefully anybody could understand my problem, because I don't know, if
expressed myself correctly.

TiA
--
\o/
Michael Thies

"Crash Early" - The Pragmatic Programmer