Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 2:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim queue run

> KOZMAN Balint wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a question about a special behaviour of exim.
> > My exim is running on a Debian2.2r3 which connects to the internet via
> > serial modem using ppp. The pppd is on demand. My problem is that each
> > time exim commits a queue run, the modem dials out. This is not
> > cost-effective, so I want to make exim stop doing this, but I couldn't
> > find anything about this topic in /etc/exim.conf. Help me, please.
>
> Strictly speaking, it isn't exim that is behaving this way. Debian 2.2
> has a cron job that runs exim -q every so often.
>
> Just look in your /etc/cron.d/ directory, and if you remove the exim
> entry (or comment it out), you should be good to go.

huh??  he asked y it was redialiing when it wanted to send the queue, when
he doesn't want it to dial.
setup exim to run  exim(sendmail) -bd       with no -q option
Then setup your crontab or whatever to do exim -q at the times that you want
the queue run to run  (ie during business hours)
This is all in the specification in chapter 44.

HTH
cya
Andrew

--
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty.
Empty what's full.