Re: [Exim] Files doesn't exist -> non-fatal

Autor: Oliver Cook
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Files doesn't exist -> non-fatal
On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 08:50:35AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 1 May 2001, Oliver Cook wrote:
>
> > LOG: failed to open /clara/clara.net/reject.hosts123 when checking host_reject: No such file or directory
> >
> > Is there a way to specify that if it can't read
> > this file, it doesn't barf, but just continues
> > as if the file was empty... Something like:
> >
> > host_reject = +non_fatal:/path/to/file
>
> No, I'm afraid not. At least not in Exim 3. I took the cautious approach

Probably wise!

> and didn't think of people wanting to do that. Think about the possible
> chaos that would result if you did something like that in local_domains...

I'd probably take the stance that if you used +non_fatal (or whatever)
then that's your fault if it causes problems which _should_ have been
flagged as fatal.

> However, in Exim 4, the text strings used in the new ACL feature for
> implementing policy controls are all expanded, so you will be able to
> use the ${if exists facility for this kind of thing if you want.

That would certaintly do :) Thanks for your input
Philip.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065