Re: [Exim] STARTTLS Error

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Saez Padros
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] STARTTLS Error
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, David Saez Padros wrote:

> Ok, but for this to work I need to know every host on the net that has a broken TLS which
> I don't. I can check the logs every day (or make an automated process that do that) and then
> mantain a list of that kind of hosts. But, maybe Exim smart enough in the furture to handle
> this situation and automatically retry without TLS ?

But should it? The host has offered TLS, Exim has tried to use it, and
received a temporary error code. There is no indication that this is the
result of a broken server. A temporary code means "try again later".
Exim has no means of knowing exactly what is wrong (it might be the
server is closing down for maintainance, for example.) I'm not sure that
the right thing to do automatically is to send the message unencrypted
in this circumstance.

If Exim gets a permanent error code (5xx) from a server, however, it
will try to send the message in clear. This is all documented in section
38.2.