Re: [Exim] rewriting the From:

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] rewriting the From:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Phil Chambers wrote:

> While investigating the down-casing in rewriting rules I also noticed that the check
> to see if the From: header matches the login username for local submission appears
> to be using the From: after it has been through the rewriting rules.

So it does. I don't think there was any specific reason for this. I
suppose I just didn't think about it. (We don't rewrite From: addresses
here.) Ah. There is *some* logic: the sender address has already been
rewritten, so adding Sender: and then rewriting all the headers does it
twice, which is not desirable. Maybe I was just being lazy. :-)

> This means that rewriting the From: will generally force a Sender: line to be added
> to the header, even though the From: line, as submitted, did contain the submitting
> user's username.

Now that I think about it, I believe you are right, and I will sort it
out.

Incidentally, I presume you spotted the obvious workaround to your
casing problem? Instead of

you can write

*@x.y.z $local_part@???

Of course, that doesn't work if you are picking out only a part of the
local part.