[Exim] Content-Length header removal - is it legal?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Bob Franklin
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] Content-Length header removal - is it legal?
Hi,

Not really an Exim question, I admit, but I'd like to check something
regarding the standards and the 'Content-Length' header.

We've had problems where people have had two messages joined together in
their INBOX (nothing to do with Exim). Closer investigations have
revealed that it only occurs if:

- the first message was sent using our IMHO Webmail service
- the user is reading their mail via POP (we use QPOPPER)

Digging around on the Eudora (== QPOPPER) WWW site has shown that this can
happen if the 'Content-Length' header of the first message is too large.
This turns out to be the case; presumably IMHO is putting one in there,
but with a size which is too large.

I can solve the problem by using 'headers_remove = content_length' on our
relays, but I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with doing this?

Also, is QPOPPER right to use the 'Content-Length' header over the
normal [Berkeley] mailbox separator lines '^From .+'?

Thanks in advance for any help,

- Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin@???>     Tel. +44 (0)118 931 8432
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK