Re: [Exim] Problems opening DB files.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Tabor J. Wells
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Problems opening DB files.
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> I just migrated one of my servers from 3.16 doing NIS+ lookups and
> using dbm files for various databases to 3.22 doing LDAP lookups and
> using Berkeley DB 3.2.9. This is on Solaris 7.

I'm still on DB 3.1.14 (on Solaris 8), but have no problems with that.

> /usr/local/sbin/exim_dumpdb /var/spool/exim retry
> failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/retry: Error 0
>
> do not work, and I get a errors like:
>
> failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/retry: File exists
>
> in my log file.

That suggests that the open is failing, but leaving a random error
number in the errno variable.

> My once files for my vacationing users also exhibit the same behavior:

Yes, they would.

> an exim -d9 -M of one of the messages stuck on my queue doesn't
> include any additional useful information. Only an errno=0 and "File
> exists". Any suggestions on what is wrong here and how I fix it?

I'm a bit baffled. It has the smell of some confusion with DB libraries
and/or headers. Did you remember to set USE_DB in Local/Makefile? Did
the -d9 output confirm that it was using DB 3.2.9?