Re: [Exim] case in rewriting

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] case in rewriting
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Phil Chambers wrote:

> *@some.remote.dom.ain $1@???
>
> Then exim -brw User@???
>
> produces a value of "user@???" for all the lines of output. So it
> appears that $1 uses the lower-case version of the matched string. (This is
> independent of the value for locally_caseless.)
>
> Presumably this a bug?

Aarrgghh!! Yes. It is. It is a case of one change having an unexpected
effect elsewhere. The rewriting code uses the same matching function as
is used for matching addresses in policy options (e.g. sender_reject). I
made a change a while ago - it was in release 3.00 I see - to do the
address matching caselessly in these lists (with an getout of +caseful)
because of the recommendations in the anti-spam RFC. Clearly I
overlooked the fact that rewriting uses the same function. Damn.

Thanks for the report. This is timely, as I have just started picking up
the current crop of bugs/infelicities/minor changes for a "final" Exim 3
release. I'll get this fixed.

Philip