[Exim] Alias names

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sujit Choudhury
A: exim_users
Cc: sujit
Asunto: [Exim] Alias names
We have staff aliases in the form of I.Surname@???. In our new
structure where the MTA is going to be EXIM, we will get all the mail to our
mail hub.  Local mails for students will not have any aliases, i.e. they are
in the form of xyz@???, but xyz must have an account on the hub.  For
other mail it would look into an alias file which would contain the staff
names like this
I.Surname:    <staff-id on staff server>@staffserver.unl.ac.uk

If another person joins with the same initial then in the past we had create
a mail alias like this:
firstname.surname:    <staff-id on staff server>@staffserver.unl.ac.uk

The problem is everybody expects the mail alias to be in the form of
I.Surname, and we have had e-mails ending up in wrong places. Is there any
way to solve the problem, i.e if there are two I.Surname then it asks the
sender whom do you want to send the mail?

Also will the alias file be read only if the name can not be resolved for
incoming mail or everytime a mail comes? If the later were to be true then
lot of cpu will be wasted since most mail are for students (total of 20,000)
and not staff (1000).

Sujit Choudhury