[Exim] Unexpected disconnection?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Bruce Bowler
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Unexpected disconnection?
Lately I've been getting complaints from my users that folks who try and
mail them get rejections and the message, of course, doesn't make it (of
course I haven't been able to get a single one of them to get me a copy
of the rejection message so I'm flying semi-blind on this).

I do, however, see in the logs that I'm getting a lot of "unexpected
disconnection while reading SMTP command from vxf.ocis.uncwil.edu" which
I know is where at least one of the rejected senders is coming from
(it's not just uncwil.edu with unexpected disconnections in the log but
I don't know if the others in the log are necessarily related to the
other rejections).

A little poking around reveals that vxf.ocis.uncwil.edu and all the
other nodes with errors that I checked are all running VMS and PMDF
V5.2-33 (or -32) as their mailer.

Are there any "known issues" with those version of PMDF and exim 3.22?

Is there a relatively painless way to figure out why the disconnect
occured?

Any settings in particular in the configuration file that I should be
looking at?

Thanks!
Bruce

Bruce Bowler            +1.207.633.9600            BBowler@???

There's one thing about baldness: It's neat.
- Don Herold