Re: [Exim] Solved: Spool write error message in mainlog

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Andromeda
Υ/ο: Exim
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Solved: Spool write error message in mainlog
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Andromeda wrote:

> At 02:28 16/04/2001 +0100, I wrote:
> >2001-04-16 03:08:24 14oxV9-000OfW-00 Message abandoned: Spool write error
> >(Bad address) while receiving message from (host.name) [ip.address]
> >2001-04-16 03:13:07 14oxZj-000OgE-00 Message abandoned: Spool write error
> >(Bad address) while receiving message from (host.name) [ip.address]
>
> I've found the problem.
>
> In cooperation with the person who owns the server, and someone else, we
> traced it back to a faulty reverse DNS.
>
> The server resolved to a different IP, and the IP that it gave as itself
> resolved to nothing. In the end it was an anti-spam measure that kicked in,
> but with the wrong error message.
>
> Phil? Is that possible?

That doesn't seem very likely, but anything is possible! I've yet to
investigate this in depth, but it is on my list to do so, so I will do
what I can to see if I can spot anything that needs fixing.