Re: [Exim] Frozen messages

Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Frozen messages
On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 09:45:56AM -0600, Tim AtLee wrote:
> I have a bit of a dumb question about frozen messages .. Should these be
> regularily cleaned out? Like, should I put that command as a cron for
> every week or something?

Tim, you might wish to consider
    ignore_errmsg_errors_after
so that frozen messages which are just "I couldn't deliver the
following message..." get cleaned out by exim.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Oliver Cook wrote:
> You certainly don't want to just discard frozen messages
> without looking at them to see _WHY_ they were frozen!

In the case above I disagree.
This happens sufficiently often with spam mail which couldn't
be delivered that I don't want to look at each one. It isn't always
possible to verify recipients and may not be worth the effort if the
only email received is unreplyable.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna