Re: [Exim] Autoreply: Exim-users digest, Vol 1 #1064 - 17 ms…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc MERLIN
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Autoreply: Exim-users digest, Vol 1 #1064 - 17 msgs
On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 04:35:56PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> To continue my periodic rant, autoreplies should be obey the following
> rules:-

I use this:

vacation_reply:
driver = autoreply
file = ${home}/.vacation.msg
file_expand
log = ${home}/.vacation.log
once = ${home}/.vacation.db
once_repeat = 7d
from = Autoreply System <mailer-daemon@???>
to = "$sender_address"
subject = ${if def:h_Subject: {Re: ${quote:${escape:${length_50:$h_Subject:}}} (autoreply)} {I am on vacation} }
text = "\
Dear $h_from\n\n\
This is an automatic reply. Feel free to send additional\n\
mail, as only this one notice will be generated. The following\n\
is a prerecorded message, sent for ${local_part}@???:\n\
====================================================\n\n\
"

user_vacation:
  driver = localuser
  require_files = ${local_part}:${home}/.vacation.msg
  # do not reply to errors or lists
  senders = " ! ^.*-request@.*:\
              ! ^owner-.*@.*:\
              ! ^postmaster@.*:\
              ! ^listmaster@.*:\
              ! ^mailer-daemon@.*\
              ! ^root@.*"
  # do not reply to errors and bounces or lists
  condition = "${if or {{match {$h_precedence:} {(?i)junk|bulk|list}} \
                        {eq {$sender_address} {}}} {no} {yes}}"
  transport = vacation_reply
  unseen
  user = ${local_part}
  no_expn
  no_verify

... and it obeys the following rules:

>   - reply to the envelope sender address
>   - not reply to bounce message (envelope sender = <>
>     or postmaster/mailer-daemon)
>   - not reply to list mail (see Precedence or list headers)
>   - not reply to autoreplies (use headers to detect this)
>   - send autoreplies as bounce messages (sender = <>)
>   - rate limit autoreplies - eg one per address per week

But not this one (AFAIK):

> - reply only to personal mail (ie mention one of your addresses in
> to/cc)

Can I do this with exim?

> Strangely you can do all of this with the exim autoreply stuff.
> Alternatives to following these rules are me getting mad - I normally
> unsubscribe, in one case where it kept sending stuff and I couldn't
> identify where from I just blackholed the sending hosts.

Same here.
I've updated http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/autoresponders.txt with some
of your comments.

Thanks,