Re: [Exim] Autoreply: Exim-users digest, Vol 1 #1064 - 17 ms…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: keith
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Autoreply: Exim-users digest, Vol 1 #1064 - 17 msgs
You have been unsubscribed.

Broken autoreplies that keep sending stuff to the envelope sender
address make me unhappy. The fact that your autoreply is sending its
stuff to the To: address and without throttling (another message was
caught by the MLM) makes it a damn incompetant piece of programming. I
suggest you find the people that implemented it and shoot them - today!

To continue my periodic rant, autoreplies should be obey the following
rules:-
  - reply only to personal mail (ie mention one of your addresses in
to/cc)
  - reply to the envelope sender address
  - not reply to bounce message (envelope sender = <>
    or postmaster/mailer-daemon)
  - not reply to list mail (see Precedence or list headers)
  - not reply to autoreplies (use headers to detect this)
  - send autoreplies as bounce messages (sender = <>)
  - rate limit autoreplies - eg one per address per week

Strangely you can do all of this with the exim autoreply stuff.
Alternatives to following these rules are me getting mad - I normally
unsubscribe, in one case where it kept sending stuff and I couldn't
identify where from I just blackholed the sending hosts.

    Nigel.