Re: [Exim] reading mysql's dbm files

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] reading mysql's dbm files
ice@??? said:
> just curious (this is likely to be braindead enough, but worth a
> question, i think..), newer mysqls can (do, in fact) use db3 as their
> storage backend. can exim be told to read that file directly instead
> of through a mysql-type lookup ? or even, does it make sense ?

You have no idea what the data format would be within the db file - ie
how it will pack its records etc, how mysql is performing its own
locking, how it does updates etc... and you will need to do a huge
amount of reverse engineering before you can do this safely (if at all
since the packed record format may not be usable within exim at all).
Getting direct access to db storage files wrong - even if you are doing
it read-only - could result in your database being corrupted. Its
almost certainly just not worth doing.

    Nigel.